We love the open source community and the community in South Florida. We are currently looking for those who can help make WordCamp Miami 2016 an enjoyable experience for all.
Read below for what we are looking for:
Please review the below information BEFORE you signup. It’s important because we depend on our volunteers to help run things smoothly (which everyone GREATLY appreciates). Being a volunteer is a great way of giving back to the WordPress community, and meeting a lot of great people that normally you might not have had a chance to talk to. Not to mention some behind the scenes fun. 🙂
- We try to ask only for a few hours of help from our volunteers, but you must be generally available February 19th-21st, 2016. February 20th is our busiest day and usually when we need the most help – even if you’re needed only briefly. If you are not available during one of those days, please let us know in advance.
- On the signup form, please pick something you would be interested in volunteering in but keep in mind we might not pick you for this. So pick multiple things.
- Most of our volunteer help during the dates of the event involve setting up, registration, session/crowd control, helping with food, and cleaning up afterwards.
- You must check-in on the day of the event(s) with your volunteer coordinator(s). More information will be in the emails we’ll be sending to approved volunteers.
- Volunteers adhere to our code of conduct.
- Signing up below is great, but you will get an official email from WordCamp Miami Team when you have been selected. Don’t show up on the day of the event saying you are a volunteer… we won’t have the special name badge for you!
For general inquiries about volunteering or providing a volunteer service, please contact us here instead. The below form should only be used if you are seriously signing up to volunteer for the event.
Although we would expect volunteers to have a giving attitude – we want to give something back to say thanks. After the event, if you have volunteered we will reimburse your WordCamp Miami ticket if you purchased one. We are also planning on a special treat or surprise for our volunteers this year.
Fill Out Our Volunteer Form
We use MailChimp for our forms, so you need to click here to fill out the volunteer form. Thanks in advance!